The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Maintenance Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 10+ years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience as a supervisor, and demonstrated leadership abilities
- 1 to 3 years of electrical troubleshooting, fabrication, and/or welding experience
- Leadership abilities
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish are preferred but not required
- Electrical skills
- Working knowledge of conveyor systems
- Welding and/or cutting experience
- Fabrication experience
- The ability to operate a band saw, drill press and various hand tools
- Knowledge of power and high pressure equipment
- Forklift operating experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills with management and employees
- The ability to influence others and gain buy-in
The RoleBuilding a Best-in-Class Maintenance Program
Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will oversee a team of five Maintenance Technicians working different shifts. The facility employs some 125 people and operations include pouring, pulling and packaging stone products; shipping and receiving; equipment maintenance; administrative functions and more. For the most part, the plant operates Monday through Friday, with the first shift handling production, the second doing packaging and the third performing basic maintenance. Larger maintenance projects take place on weekends.
You'll be responsible for the functional oversight of all maintenance in the facility. Key areas of accountability will include managing maintenance staff, performing maintenance inspection, assist in cleaning, adjusting and/or servicing of all types of equipment. You'll also make hands-on contributions. You can expect to spend about 60% of your time out in the different operations areas.
In addition to managing day-to-day maintenance activities, you will assess all our programs, identify opportunities for improvement, and then plan and execute those improvements. This will include working with corporate maintenance teams, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and educating employees.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and maintain critical inventory for the support of all production equipment
- Operate MRO procurement within established budget and maintain daily expenditure report
- Develop and maintain equipment-specific maintenance programs on all production equipment
- Develop and maintain daily report of all scheduled work
- Ensure all emergency maintenance situations are responded to promptly
- Ensure all projects are completed in a timely manner
- Work closely with plant manager and other departments
- Train and evaluate maintenance mechanics
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed
What's in It for YouImportant impact
We have had a company-wide lean initiative underway for several years and we're committed to driving ongoing improvements in processes and culture. We believe that we can turn the Holmesville plant into a model facility. For example, we are planning to do significant re-tooling over the next 18 months. The initiative is highly visible in the company, and your successes will be recognized.
In this role, you will share insights with corporate maintenance professionals and get ideas from other facilities. You'll also partner with peer managers in different functional areas in Holmesville. Over the longer term, success in this position could set you up to advance within the Boral Stone Group, such as pursuing a Plant Manager role.
Our people are our most valuable resource
If you're looking for a place where you can make a home, be challenged and grow your career, you've found it! We run collaborative teams, respect individual and team contributions and we know people enjoy working here, as demonstrated by employee longevity.
Great place to live and work
If you’re not already familiar with Holmesville, it is a close-knit community with a small-town feel, but you’ll also enjoy all of the amenities of city life nearby. For example, Wooster is just a 20-minute drive, where you’ll find plenty of restaurants and shopping. Venture a little farther and you’ll find we are close to Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Columbus, and the Great Lakes! Relocation assistance may be available to highly qualified candidates.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including all you'd expect, such as a range of insurances, PTO, and a 401(k) with company match.
Pictured: Cultured Stone® veneers are unique design elements that offer many ways to help owners transform their home into a tangible expression of their dreams.
Keys to SuccessInitially there will be plenty to do -- implementing processes, training, etc. -- and you should be able to make an impact in short order. That also means there will be a fair amount of paperwork and documentation. However, over time we expect the paperwork aspect to "normalize," allowing you to focus on continuous improvement and benchmarking.
Your technical knowledge will be essential, but just as important will be leadership and interpersonal skills. You will be a change agent and, while you'll find people open to positive change, there always are challenges. You will need to help people understand how changes will benefit them, and motivate them to embrace new processes. You'll also help ensure that continuous improvement is deeply embedded in our culture.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Maintenance Manager, you will:
- Think strategically and execute at a hands-on, tactical level.
- Bring strong relationship-building skills and the ability to establish credibility.
- Spend a fair amount of time out on the floor, interacting with people in all areas of the plant, working on equipment and more.
- Remain flexible and able to manage multiple activities and priorities.
- Work independently and meet goals autonomously, while also contributing as a team player.
Build something great™Boral is an international building and construction materials group headquartered in Sydney, Australia. With some A$4.3 billion worth of sales, Boral had 8,334 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites as at 30 June 2016.
Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, timber, plasterboard, and lightweight trim and siding. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets - Australia, the USA and Asia.
Boral North America has national fly ash and concrete block businesses and a Denver construction materials business. The fly ash business processes and distributes coal combustion products nationally in the USA, including operations at electrical utility plants, fly ash terminals, and sales offices. With cementitious properties, fly ash is used as a cement substitute in the construction industry.
The concrete block business manufactures products in Texas and Louisiana for commercial and residential construction. Boral has a number three market position in the Denver concrete market with five operating concrete batching plants and three sand and gravel deposits.
Boral North America has a leading portfolio of building products manufacturing and distribution operations across USA and Canada. Boral has market leading positions in manufactured stone veneer for residential and commercial cladding markets, with manufacturing and distribution across the USA.
Boral has a full high-end roofing offering, including concrete and clay roof tiles, composite polymer roofing products and stone coated metal roofing.
The Light Building Products business comprises Boral TruExterior® Siding and Trim, which is based on Boral's patented fly ash and polymer composite technologies, as well as PVC or vinyl trim and siding products, including shutters, decking and railing. The Windows business manufactures vinyl trim windows for the new residential construction market.
Formed in November 2016, Meridian Brick is a 50:50 joint venture between Boral Bricks and Forterra Brick, two of North America's most respected brickmaking organizations. Meridian Brick serves construction organizations and suppliers throughout the USA and Canada with a comprehensive portfolio of brick and masonry solutions for commercial and residential structures.