The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Bilingual Senior HR Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree. SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification preferred. We will also consider outstanding, highly experienced HR Managers without a degree
- 7-10+ years of strong HR generalist experience including familiarity with recruiting, training, onboarding, employee relations, employment laws, etc.
- Experience managing one or more staff members. The ideal candidate will have experience managing remotely.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience implementing and creating HR policies and procedures that support the overall success of an organization.
- Strong HRIS systems experience (i.e. SAP or similar); the ability to deploy tools and resources to achieve goals and solve problems.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications and other relevant HR software (i.e. ADP or similar); reporting skill and experience.
- Change management experience is a plus.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and partner with contacts in the field.
- A professional presence and the ability to interact with all levels and titles.
- Advanced critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity.
- Superior interpersonal skills combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion, high energy, and a willingness to step up and get things done.
- A strong sense of urgency.
- A commitment to ethics, confidentiality, and integrity.
The RoleOpportunity Snapshot
Reporting to the Director of Human Services, as Bilingual Senior HR Manager, you will provide direct and indirect support to the Stone Group in North America, including automated plants and those with labor-intensive, manual operations. You will be based in San Marcos and initially manage two HR Coordinators located in Napa, California and Chester, South Carolina respectively. In time, two additional HR Coordinators could be added to directly support other plants. Your efforts will both support Corporate HR initiatives and requirements, and employees within the physical locations where they work, including plants in California, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Washington and Mexico.
Performing Your Role
As Bilingual Senior HR Manager, you will be responsible for operational human resources related issues, including employee relations, recruitment and staffing, development, communication and coordination of policies and procedures, training administration, remuneration and performance management processes, as well as timely and accurate management reporting. You will take on both strategic planning, such as tackling retention rates, succession planning, policy adoption, etc., and tactical execution, including implementing KPIs and actively building the culture within the plants. You will work closely with the Director of HR, focusing approximately 25% of your time on corporate responsibilities, and spend the other 75% of your time directly and indirectly managing initiatives to support plant personnel. Your key accountabilities will include:
- Providing subject matter expertise to management in the areas of leadership, organizational effectiveness, organization structure, and human capital processes to enable the sustainable achievement of business results.
- Liaising with human resources staff across Boral business units to ensure the effective high-quality delivery of service.
- Monitoring compliance with HR policies and procedures, public policies and employment laws and reporting areas of concern to management personnel, recommending policy and procedure changes as needed to enhance company capabilities.
- Recommending, evaluating and participating in staff development for the organization.
- Analyzing people-related metrics, trends and making recommendations to business unit management for any action.
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensuring the organization's compliance.
- Directing HR Associates to ensure effective meeting of organization objectives through collaboration, openness, and personal development.
- Acting as a resource for HR Associates and managers in HR policies, procedures, and legal requirements by providing information, training and education to managers, and ensuring consistency in the application of HR policies and procedures and assisting workforce with the interpretation of policies, procedures and programs.
- Providing mentoring, training and development of HR Associates within the Stone Division.
- Providing assessment and consulting with the Facility Manager regarding the performance of two HR Associates.
- Developing and analyzing workforce measurements, i.e. turnover, work/life issues, etc. and recommend procedures to reduce attrition.
- Investigating employee complaints/disciplinary matters, advising management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues and keeping senior management advised.
- Providing education on performance management and support during the review process.
- Manages internal and external recruiting activities for all division openings.
- Preparing, coordinating, and presenting training as necessary, including but not limited to, new-hire onboarding, sexual harassment prevention, benefits orientation, and other HR related topics.
- Representing the company at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Preparing employee separation documentation and conducting exit interviews to identify trends behind separations.
- Reviewing and approving all personnel changes, including salary and position changes, new hires and separations.
- Participating in local salary/wage administration.
Pictured: Boral ProStone® is a manufactured stone veneer that gives you the durable beauty and authentic look of natural stone at affordable prices. And the appeal of ProStone® veneer comes without compromise: it meets the most stringent code requirements and is backed by a 50-year limited warranty. When the look of stone is this affordable, your imagination is the only limit.
More Good ReasonsCritical role, wide influence
HR is growing and evolving. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to make a large and lasting impact by helping us through this time of transition and ensuring best-in-class HR operations in the plants. You’ll be highly visible, and your successes here will be noticed.
Setting you up for success
This is a role where you can spotlight your skills and talent. While we expect that you'll make an impact in this role for several years, your success could set you up for other opportunities. From here, you might move to a corporate OD, Trainer or another role, or even step up to the director level. Growth = opportunity and you'll be in a prime position to advance your career.
Our people are our most valuable resource
If you’re looking for a place where you can make a home, be challenged and grow your career, you’ve found it! We run collaborative teams, respect individual and team contributions and we know people enjoy working here, as demonstrated by employee longevity. You'll also enjoy a degree of flexibility. We work hard, but also believe in balance.
Great place to live and work
San Marcos is a beautiful community less than 35 miles from San Diego, and here we enjoy the warm summers and mild winters for which Southern California is famous. The town is only about 15 miles from attractive beach communities like Carlsbad and Oceanside, and not far from the Temecula Valley wine region. San Marcos has a reputation for being home to some of the best restaurants in northern San Diego County, as well as being North County’s educational center, with California State University, San Marcos; Palomar College; a great school district; and more. The community features lots of open spaces and parks, with hiking and biking trails. Relocation assistance may be available to highly qualified candidates.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including all you’d expect, such as a range of insurances, PTO, and a 401(k) with company match.
Pictured: Cultured Stone® veneers are unique design elements that offer many ways to help transform your home into a tangible expression of your dreams.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role, you will have a wide breadth of HR experience and the drive to make an impact early on. That means making a strong effort to get out to the plants quickly to begin building relationships and earning trust. This is a busy role and there’s a lot happening right now, so you will also need to be highly communicative across the plants, with your team, and with the larger HR organization. It will be very important to understand the client groups in different settings -- labor intensive vs. automated plants -- and as implementations, enrollment, policy initiatives, etc. are rolled out, you’ll be on point ensuring execution across your assignment is clear and on time. Communication will be key.
While this leadership role has strong strategic components, it also includes blocking and tackling. Ours is a fast-paced environment and with close to a dozen plants needing support, it can be a lot to take on. If you are the professional we are looking for, however, you’ll see challenges as opportunities and stay flexible and adaptable as priorities shift and evolve. You'll be an outstanding manager and mentor, helping your team grow and evolve their skills, while also listening and learning from HR leaders who have been with the organization for many years. If you're a strong collaborator, you'll fit right in.